Note: Use of the NOVA Manassas Campus Computer Labs is governed by the Virginia Community College System (VCCS) Computer Ethics Guidelines and the policies stated in the NOVA Student Handbook. All faculty, staff and students of NOVA are bound by these guidelines. If you have any questions, please contact Lab Staff at MH-222 or MP-106
Open Computer Lab Policies
- Food or drinks are not permitted in any of the computer labs.
- MP-120 is the only lab open for nonclass use.
- Academic work takes priority over nonacademic use of lab computers. When using the lab for nonacademic purposes, such as surfing the Web, playing games or personal email, you may be asked to give up the workstation to a student needing to do academic work.
- Show consideration of your fellow student by leaving the computers ready for the next user. This means you should close all applications. For example, if you have a Word document open, close the file properly, then close Word. If you leave your email open, it is vulnerable to sabotage and identity theft.
- You should always leave the display showing the Windows desktop.
- Speak quietly so others can concentrate.
- If you have any problems, questions or need help, see one of the lab assistants in MP-106.
Software Available in Labs
- Much more...
- Internet Explorer
MS Office 2010
- Turbo J Builder
- MS Visual Studio
- Java Webstart
- Macromedia Suite
- JE Creator
- Mozilla Fox
Adobe Production Premium
- Atajos 3.0
- JAWS 8.0
- CoreFTPS 1.3b
- Windows Movie Maker
- Go to the cafeteria and use the VENDA machine to put money on your Student ID card. Cost: 10 cents per page to print.
- If you do not have a Student ID card, go to the VENDA machine in the cafeteria and get a Guest card and put money on it.
- At the printer select your document,
- Click Print,
- Swipe your card through the card reader.
See lab staff in MP-106 for assistance.