Welcome to the Northern Virginia Community College Website

Accessibility Navigation:

Request Transcripts

Request a copy of your NOVA transcript.

How to Request Your Transcript

You can request a copy of your NOVA transcript online ONLY, either through myNOVA or using the electronic form online. If you attended NOVA at any time in the past three years, you can request your transcript online through myNOVA. If you have not attended within the past three years, you must request your transcript using the online Request for Transcript Form (125-089E). Online transcript requests are sent the next business day.

Active Students
  • Log in to myNOVA
  • Click Student Information System
  • Click Self Service
  • Follow the instructions to request your transcript
Inactive Students

If you have not attended NOVA within the past three years, complete and submit the Online Transcript Request Form (125-089E). You may need to create a Dynamic Forms username and password to access the online form. Otherwise enter your username/password to access and submit the form.

Submit a separate request for each transcript requested.

Important Information

If you have questions regarding graduation, transcript, diploma, transfer credit, or CRO practices, please view our Frequently Asked Questions.

  • Transcripts are free.
  • Submit a separate request for each transcript requested.
  • Official transcripts are released only after you have completed one course at NOVA.
  • The options to hold transcripts for Grade Posting and Degree Confer Date are not available at this time. If you want your transcript to include your current semester grades, submit your request for transcript AFTER you have verified that all of your grades have been posted to your record. You can use the Student Center Self-Service function to check on your grades.
  • If you have any monetary holds on your record, no transcript will be mailed. Check your unofficial transcript and holds online through the Student Center in NOVAConnect.
  • No transcripts will be issued if you fail to sign your transcript request form.
  • If attachments are required (i.e., for law or medical school admission services), include all required documents using the attachment feature.
  • CEU transcripts should be requested through your campus Workforce Development Office.
  • Allow one week for any special processing.
  • Coordinate emergency in-person transcript pick-ups with your campus Student Services Center. Allow 24 hours for processing, photo ID is required to pick up the transcript.
  • All transcripts issued are official and in a sealed envelope. DO NOT OPEN YOUR TRANSCRIPT if you plan to send the transcript to a college or organization. An opened transcript will be considered unofficial by most colleges and organizations.
  • If you have any transcript or graduation questions email the Central Records Office at AsktheCRO@nvcc.edu.

Transcripts to be Sent to George Mason University

If you have not been admitted to Mason, use this address:

George Mason University

Office of Admissions

4400 University Drive

Fairfax, VA 22030-4444

If you are currently attending Mason, use this address:

George Mason University

Registrar’s Office

4400 University Drive

Fairfax, VA 22030-4444