Welcome to the Northern Virginia Community College Website

Accessibility Navigation:

Student Resources

  • sign language
  • assistive technology
  • Interpreter Services

For students, staff or faculty needing Read&Write, send an email with your name, ID number, campus, email address and computer platform (PC or Mac) to disabilityservices@nvcc.edu to receive a take-home version.

For students needing alternated formatted text, please fill out the Request for Alternate Format Form 125-011 and email it to disabilityservices@nvcc.edu with your counselor’s name and a copy of your receipt.

For students needing note taker/reader/scribe services, please read the Volunteer Student Note Taking Services Policy and sign the Notetaker/Reader-Scribe Service Agreement Form 125-351. To learn about who could be a good reader or scribe, pelase take a look at the Desirable skills for a good reader/scribe.

For students needing the support of a personal care assistant, please fill out Personal Care Assistant Agreement. This form must be signed by the PCA and bought to the Disabilities Counselor at the campus they attend. The Disabilities Counselor will explain every responsibility to make sure that both the student and the PCA understand what their role is when helping a student with a disability.

NOTE: All requests must be from your student, staff or faculty NOVA email address. Requests from alternate email addresses will not be processed.